SynergistEIC is an EU-funded project that started in January 2023 with an overall budget of €1,986M to help European deep tech startups, scaleups and SMEs from the GreenTech sector to scale in the EU and globally. Throughout its 2-year duration SynergistEIC will hold 2 Open Calls selecting and supporting 30 companies, providing them with a combination of financial support, advisory services, and connections with the broader innovation ecosystem.
Up to € 50,000 per startup will be distributed in Open Call 1. The first Open Call will provide grants to 15 startups (5 EIC-applicants and 10 non-EIC applicant companies) along with a 6-months tailored support which includes a 3-month acceleration programme to increase scalability, as well as series of workshops on EU funding and procurement topics, and networking opportunities with EU innovation ecosystem players.
Who can apply?
SynergistEIC welcomes applications from deeptech startups developing innovative solutions addressing ClimateTech, CleanTech, Circular economy and AgriFood challenges with a preference on certain technological focus (notably using AI, Machine learning and language processing, Big Data, Advanced Computing, Bioengineering, Next Generation Internet, Blockchain, IoT).
Application deadline: 14th of June 2023, 17:00 CET!
Companies can apply on the F6S platform SynergistEIC Open Call 1.
What do you get?
15 GreenTech companies will be selected in the first SynergistEIC Open Call to receive up to €50k grant to refine their technology, engage with users, and improve commercial metrics. Also, they will be enrolled in a 6-month tailored support programme addressing the startup’s needs and challenges.
What are the other programme benefits that the companies get:
- Connections to peer-companies, investors, national and European innovation ecosystem actors.
- Boost scalability and business performance.
- Increase of market coverage or market readiness of developed products. .
- Raise companies’ awareness of EU funding and procurement opportunities.
- Wide promotion & visibility.
How does it work?
The Open Call process is composed of different phases:
- Phase 1: Application submission
- Phase 2: Admissibility & eligibility check
- Phase 3: Proposals evaluation
- Phase 4: Tailored Growth programme begins with selected companies.
The evaluation will be performed by external evaluators (external experts with expertise and experience corresponding to the open call topic). Detailed information on the evaluation process could be also found in the Guide for applicants available on the SynergistEIC webpage.
- Companies that have applied or are interested in applying for EIC Accelerator
- Seal of Excellence (SoE) holders (for EIC-applicants) or
- Minimum TRL4 level companies that have received funding up to 500k Euro (for non-EIC applicants)
- Female Entrepreneurs and / or with women in high management positions (C-level)
- Companies coming from the EU member states or Associated Countries with preference given to companies from Widening Countries.
Detailed information would be provided to candidate applicants on a dedicated SynergistEIC Open Call Info Webinar which will take place on 17 May 2023, 15:00 – 16:00 CET. Register here.
Answers to the most common questions related to the SynergistEIC Open Call 1 are provided in the FAQ section of our website, as well.
Applicants are also welcome to ask their questions also by contacting us via email at [email protected]
Apply by 14th of June 2023, 17:00 CET on the F6S platform – SynergistEIC Open Call 1!