Express your interest to take part in the evaluation of the SynergistEIC Open Call #1
The selection of the most promising beneficiaries (startups and SMEs) is one of the key factors of success of the SynergistEIC programme!
SynergistEIC aims to set up a Pool of Evaluators to support the review process of the proposals received from its open call for GreenTech startups. The pool will gather a set of recognized experts in the SynergistEIC GreenTech domains (CleanTech, ClimateTech, Agri-foodTech and Circular economy) selected through an open process to ensure transparent and consistent evaluation of the applications.
A pool of 5 external evaluators will be selected. The evaluation of each proposal will be carried out by a panel of 3 external evaluators.
What is SynergistEIC?
- SynergistEIC is an EU-funded project which aims to:
- Increase the connectivity between startups and their peers, potential investors, customers, partners, and other ecosystem players at national, regional and EU level
- Improve the business performance of European digital and deep tech startups, including those originating from Widening countries
- Prepare more startups to successfully be selected for the EIC Accelerator
15 selected GreenTech startups in the SynergistEIC open call will receive up to €750k grant funding in total.
Please note that to proceed with the application you need to have or create an F6S account
EXTERNAL EVALUATOR PROFILE
We are looking for external evaluators in the GreenTech domain (CleanTech, ClimateTech, Agri-food and Circular economy), with specific experience in startup growth and scaling services, in innovation, fundraising, business advisory, and/or startups creation, as well as experience in evaluating EU funded projects and cascade funding.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR THE EXTERNAL EVALUATORS?
- Get paid for providing your expertise and your time. Each evaluator will be remunerated 30 EUR per application and additional 300 EUR for participating and contributing to the Consensus Meeting at the end of the evaluation process.
- Get to know the most innovative solutions in the SynergistEIC GreenTech domains (CleanTech, ClimateTech, Agri-food and Circular economy)
- Play an essential role in the selection of the most promising 15 European GreenTech innovators (startups and SMEs) and build connections with experts and professionals from these fields.
The total number of proposals to be evaluated by one expert will be defined as soon as the open call for startups is closed and the total eligible number of applications received is clear.
- Expression of interest for external evaluators closes May 25 2023, 17:00 CEST (Brussels time)
- Selection of evaluators runs until: May 31, 2023
- Deadline to sign contracts with evaluators: June 21, 2023
- Evaluators Briefing: June 23, 2023
- Evaluation period for SynergistEIC first open call for startups ends: July 17, 2023
For more details on the evaluation process and the related open call for GreenTech startups, please check the information on the SynergistEIC webpage and the Guide for Applicants (downloadable file available at the bottom of the open call page).
Please note that this expression of interest to participate in the SynergistEIC Open Call evaluation as an external expert is NOT binding and does NOT constitute any commitment to the SynergistEIC project.
The selection of the experts to support SynergistEIC in the evaluation of the Open Call will be taken at a later stage, since it depends on the number of received proposals, their origin, the domain that they target as well as the origin of the potential evaluators, their affiliations, their expertise and the balance between various criteria (e.g. gender, background, affiliation type, age, expertise etc.). Furthermore, we are obliged to frequently change experts that support in the evaluations of proposals.
SynergistEIC selects a pool of external evaluators with an appropriate gender and country balance.